350.org Global seeks Asia Coordinator
350.org Global is seeking a full time staff member for the Asia region. If you are interested, or know someone that is, see the job details below.
350.org is a global movement on the forefront of Climate Change action, that ECO Singapore has proudly partnered with in the past. This is a great opportunity for anyone wishing to further their experience and connections in the environmental field.
Through relentless campaigning over the past three years, 350.org has helped build a global grassroots movement to fight climate change. Working with diverse allies and volunteers, our small team of young organizers has energized millions of people around the globe, demonstrated sustainable solutions and influenced the debate on climate in the media and among politicians. 2011-12 are key times to scale up the international movement, bring in massive numbers of new people, hold polluters accountable, and increase the strength and number of climate champions.
The global coordinator will be responsible for working with the global coordinating team to shape and execute 350.org's overall global campaign strategies and plans.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a creative thinker, an effective team player,tech-savvy and an articulate writer and speaker.350.org is a dynamic, young, hardworking organization, and this position lets you in at the ground level of an exciting new campaign.
In conjunction with the Global Co-Directors and Global Core Team, establish and manage volunteer leadership teams and some hired field staff and interns to meet 350.org’s global, regional, and national-level campaign objectives and build a broader, deeper and more committed movement.
● Help develop and implement a robust mobilization strategy for 2011-12, taking into account 350.org’s campaign objectives.
● Build, support, and/or manage national and regional teams internationally.
● Guide and mentor staff and community leaders, and provide opportunities for them to develop their organizing skill set.
● Recruit, mobilize and develop buy-in from key allies and leaders at the national, regional, and global levels.
● Maintain a working knowledge of the issue and of the political, legislative, regulatory and economic framework relevant to the campaign.
● At times, represent 350.org and the campaign at events, and with grassroots activist groups, decision-makers, donors, and other allies, including the environmental community at large.
● Keep Global Coordinating Team and core strategy team informed of local activities and changes in tactics, or strategies if necessary.
● Collect and disseminate stories of victory and struggle from all around the world on a regular basis, using new media and other communications tools.
We don’t care much about years of experience, CVs or degrees – mostly, we’re looking for an individual who is creative, hardworking, organized, dedicated, self-motivated and a fast learner.
- Proven leadership in campaign execution
- Strong staff management and delegation instincts
- Highly organized and competent at managing multiple projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication (English required, other languages a plus)
- Problem solving, strategy-development, and creative thinking
- Ability to use new media, mobile, web and other technologies effectively
● Proven ability to work both independently and in close coordination with a team, including managing staff working remotely.
● Commitment to empowering others and building grassroots power as a means to affect change.
● Demonstrated experience in cross-class/race/generational/international organizing.
● Experience in coalition-building and an ability to recognize and develop the diverse strengths of different kinds of organizations and organizers for one cause.
● Willingness to travel for site visits, training, and events and ability to work well from remote locations.
● Experience as an activist and organizer in the climate movement is a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time Permanent (for at least 6-12 months)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling Until Hired
COMPENSATION RANGE: Dependent on Experience
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Global Directors