Friday, August 18, 2017
Felix Dodds: Details of a How to Lobby Workshop, some blogs on key UN issues and Wonder Woman - UN Ambassador?
NEW edition of the UNITAR course “Introduction to the 2030 Agenda: A New Agenda for a Sustainable World” has launched today!
This Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) was first released in April 2016 to help interested persons improve their knowledge about the 2030 Agenda and related Global Goals. The new edition provides the most up-to-date information available, especially regarding the follow-up and review framework for the 2030 Agenda.
The "Introduction to the 2030 Agenda: A New Agenda for a Sustainable World" course was developed to address potential knowledge gaps related to the understanding of changes required from both, policy-makers and ordinary citizens, to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It attempts to answer a series of different questions: Are the SDGs significantly different from the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)? What does a new focus on "leaving no one behind" mean for our policies? What kind of inequalities exist and why is it important to address them? What is policy integration? And how does sustainable consumption and production fit with economic growth and poverty eradication? These are just some of them.
This course is designed drawing primarily on the key UN Member States' Outcome Documents such as "Transforming our world: the 2030 agenda for sustainable development" and "Addis Ababa Action Agenda". It has also benefited from the substantive expertise of the UN sister agencies. In particular, UNITAR has extensively drawn on the issue briefs developed by the UN Technical Support Team during the negotiations of the Open Working Group on the Sustainable Development Goals. In addition, the Institute has also drawn on the preceding learning products it developed on the 2030 Agenda with contributions from the UN family.
We invite you to benefit from this introductory course free of charge!
- Register for the course "Introduction to the 2030 Agenda: A New Agenda for a Sustainable World"
- For more information, please visit our page about UNITAR's work on Agenda 2030 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
- High recommendations and evaluations from KM professionals from all over the world, mandated introduction course on KM by a few development organizations- Read their reactions here-;
- Relevance to students work as the lessons can be applied to real work situations and structures;
- Highly interactive with other students and reflections on what works, why and how (or not) based on actual cases
- KM viewed from different ankles including innovation, learning, quality management, productivity
- Two experienced mentors with two decades each of knowledge management experience will guide the learning process- read their profile-;
- It does not disrupt participants work or travel schedules as it does not require you to be online at specific dates and times -optional scheduled webinars-to reflect on lessons
- Participants practice cases and assignment in their workplace, thereby enhancing work performance and generating benefits for their work in and for organizations
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Bhutan - 1907, governed in present form. History dates back to 17th century
- Afghanistan - 1919, recognised year (formed around 1709)
- India - 1947, formed after dissolution of East India Company
- Pakistan - 1947, formed after dissolution of East India Company
- Sri lanka - 1948, Independence from Britain
- Maldives, 1965, Independence from Britain
- Bangladesh - 1971, constituted as a new country (separated from Pakistan)
Please find below an announcement from CCLFI - Online mentored Knowledge Management Practitioner Certification Course. CCLFI is a Manila based non-profit organization that specializes in organizational learning and change, and knowledge management (KM). Team of CCLFI are long associated with use of KM tools are approaches to address environmental issues, climate change being the latest trend and their clients include big names such as ADB among others. More about them at http://www.cclfi.org/about_us/