The British Chevening Scholarships 2011/2012
The British Embassy Yerevan is offering Chevening Scholarships, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and administered by the British Council. These cover the costs of study (including living expenses and international flights) in the United Kingdom for 12 months. They are awarded on a competitive basis for Master’s degree programme in the fields of:
· Conflict prevention and resolution;
· Development of the public sector and good governance to meet EU and other international standards;
· Implementation of international commitments and standards in the field of human rights;
· Strengthening civil society, free/unbiased media, democratic structures and the rule of law.
Applicants must have the potential to rise to positions of leadership and influence. They will need to demonstrate that they possess the personal, intellectual and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential. Although the scholars must meet the academic requirements for their courses of study, academic excellence is not the determining selection criterion for the scholarship. The criteria for suitability are:
· should ideally be aged 25-35 but applications from all ages are welcome
· should already hold a higher education diploma;
· must be citizens of Armenia and should have resided in Armenia for the last three years
· should have at least two years work experience in their selected field of study;
· have an adequate standard of English (see Selection Process);
· should be committed to return to Armenia and contribute to the development of the country.
How to Apply
All applications must be made on-line.
Shortlisted applicants will need to provide following documents:
o two references on an official letterhead and/or with a stamp, not more than six months old;
o hard copies of the certified/notarised photocopies of diplomas andtranscripts in English;
o hard copies of self-declaration of health
Deadline for submitting applications is 28 February 2011. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered; it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete.
Applications will be reviewed and a shortlist will be drawn up by 4 March 2011.We recommend that applicants should have already chosen their courses and universities. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. The interviews will take place during the first half of March, 2011. Those who have successfully passed the interview will be asked to take a formal English language test (IELTS Academic; required 6.5 or over) on 19 March, 2011. Candidates must be available for the English test and interviews in Yerevan. The final results will be announced in late March 2011. The decision of the selection committee will be final.
For further information please call the British Council Armenia office 569923 ext. 101 Hripsime Manukyan.
For more information and application form, go to:
You can find information about UK Universities