2017 Call for applications for an IPCC Scholarship Award
The IPCC will accept applications for an IPCC Scholarship Award from PhD students that have been enrolled for at least a year or are undertaking post-doctoral research. Applicants should be citizens of a developing country with priority given to students from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS).
Each scholarship award is for a maximum amount of 15,000 Euros per year for up to two years during the period 2017-2019.
Applications are encouraged for, but not limited to climate-relevant research in the following fields of study:
- underlying science of climate change
- climate and water
- climate and oceans
- socio-economic modelling related to climate change
- regional climate change, vulnerability, impacts and adaptation
- attaining the goals of the Paris Agreement
- synergies between adaptation and mitigation
- and climate solutions in the context of the sustainable development goals (SDGs)
The aim of the IPCC Scholarship Programme is to build capacity in the understanding and management of climate change in developing countries by providing opportunities for young scientists from developing countries to undertake doctoral studies. Applications submitted by students from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS) are given priority.