The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore (LKY School) is delighted to invite you to apply for the Temasek Foundation Water Leadership Programme (TFWLP) to be held in Singapore from 23 April to 4 May 2012. This will be the second run of the programme developed in collaboration between the Temasek Foundation, LKY School and PUB, Singapore’s national water agency.
The TFWLP is a unique initiative which aims to meet the needs of water leaders operating in Asian emerging markets that are adapting to the increasing water and sanitation demands placed on them. This programme will expose participants to best practices in water utilities governance, practical guidance on managing water utilities effectively, and strategies to deal with existing and future challenges. Through this programme, participants will:
- Appreciate insights from water leaders on factors contributing to successful water utilities
- Learn key issues, options and best practices in water utilities management
- Increase their knowledge of good practices in the design and implementation of investment projects in the water sector
- Identify the various options of private sector participation through a public private partnership approach for ensuring improved and sustainable service delivery
- Understand the different types of regulation structures and approaches, and
- See how Singapore has adopted an innovative concept of multiplying water supply by leveraging on advanced technologies to reclaim treated used water.
The two-week programme will include a combination of lectures by experienced faculty and practitioners, site visits and case studies to enhance learning effectiveness. Participants will be expected to share their knowledge and experience with their colleagues when they return to their home countries, and also demonstrate how they can implement change in their respective institutions within a 12 month period.
The programme is designed for middle and upper level managers in local regional or national water utility authorities. It is also highly relevant to policymakers, public utilities officials, consultants, researchers and representatives of civil society who are concerned with the governance of water utilities.
Cost and Scholarships
Information on scholarships offered to eligible applicants is contained in the programme brochure and application form. In summary:
(i) Full tuition expenses and hotel accommodation will be offered for participants from eligible countries (see Table 1 in application form).
(ii) Applicants from countries not listed in Table 1 and from private sector companies will not be eligible for training scholarship, but are welcome to apply with their own source of funding.
(iii) All participants are expected to cover their own airfare and per-diem.
(iv) Lunch, tea breaks and ground transportation will be provided for the programme.
The programme fee for each self-funding participant is SGD $10,000.00 (inc. GST) without accommodation or SGD $12,000.00 (inc. GST) with accommodation at a modest hotel in Singapore.
Further details and application form: http://www.spp.nus.edu.sg/TFWLP_Programme.aspx
Please note that applications close on 15 February 2012. To apply for this programme, please complete the attached application form and submit together with your (i) CV/Resume and (ii) Passport-size photo before the application deadline, by one of the methods below. Applications are subject to review and acceptance by the TFWLP committee.
1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Post: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
National University of Singapore
469C Bukit Timah Road
Attention: Ms. Luana Chow, Temasek Foundation Water Leadership Programme