The NSPA has the mandate to implement all social protection programmes outlined under the Social Protection Act 2/2014 in Maldives. The NSPA has identified four of its programmes for rigorous impact evaluation. These include the Single Parent Allowance Programme, Disability Allowance Programme, Food Subsidy Programme and Destitute Assistance Programme.
Applicants please note:
- This call is in two phases. In the first phase, a preparation grant of up to US$30,000 will be made to the qualifying research team.
- During the first phase, the selected team must engage collaboratively with NSPA and other stakeholders to undertake a process or formative evaluation (as the case may be) and use the findings, along with consultative meetings, field visits, workshops and other means to develop a rigorous impact evaluation proposal of a programme from among the four programmes identified by NSPA.
- At the end of the first phase, the selected team will submit a formative or process evaluation report, the full impact evaluation proposal and a budget.
- In the second phase the proposed impact evaluation design and budget will be reviewed and scored by internal and external reviewers, including a representative from the NSPA. If the proposal is accepted, 3ie will award the research team a grant to conduct the impact evaluation, conditional on the proposal receiving adequate scores.
- Only legally registered organisations and consortia of registered organisations, not individuals, may apply.
- The research team should include at least one researcher who is a Maldives national as a lead PI or co-PI, who must be resident in the Maldives. If not an independent consultant, they should be working for an organisation registered in the Maldives. The researcher must be engaged in substantive tasks for the study during design, analysis, report writing, policy engagement and research communication for uptake in policy and programming.
The deadline for submitting applications is 23:59 GMT, 23 February 2016.
Please direct any questions related to this RFQ to email@example.com with 'PW Maldives' in the email subject by 23:59 GMT, 29 January 2016.
More information can be found here: http://www.3ieimpact.org/en/funding/policy-window/social-protection-programmes-maldives/