Invitation AND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Global Climate Policy Conference 2015
RESEARCH-POLICY INTERFACE: REMOVING ROADBLOCKS, EXPLORING IDEAS
New Delhi, 30th April and 1st May 2015
Climate Strategies and The Stanley Foundation (TSF) have pleasure in inviting you to take part in the second Global Climate Policy Conference (GCPC) that will be held in New Delhi, India on Thursday and Friday, 30th April and 1st May 2015.
The GCPC 2015 is part of a wider engagement process "Global Research-Policy Interface Climate 2015. Strengthening the Research-Policy interface in the international climate negotiations" with the following goals:
· Identifying key questions behind the most likely roadblocks for the Paris COP;
· Collecting, developing and communicating analysis of the main realistic options for answers;
· Creating an "Exploratorium" for new ideas that could help with negotiations;
· Defining the issues and what analysis tells us, in a clear final document for negotiators and stakeholders
The conference will bring together researchers and analysts from academia and think-tanks, together with negotiators and other practitioners and focus on:
· Exploring new economic, social and political ideas that could help with negotiations;
· Analysing concrete options to remove obstacles on the way to Paris.
Similarly to the year before the focus of the agenda will be informed by submissions and contributions. The output of the conference will be subsequently brought to the Business and Climate Summit in May 2015 and the Paris Scientific Conference Our Common Future under Climate Change in July 2015. Finally in the fall 2015 we will publish the "Analyst's Guide to the Paris COP".
The Global Interface Programme Committee will select four to six topics meeting the Project goals to be presented at GCPC2015 on the first day of the conference.
With this email we would like to invite and encourage you to:
- participate in the conference (please fill in the attached form);
- submit a topic you would like to present at the conference (short, one page description suffices at this stage);
- forward this invite to researchers who are studying new, exciting topics.
Please submit your topics by the 9th of March, by emailing: email@example.com
We intend to confirm the participants and speakers of the conference by mid-March 2015. Please note that there is travel support available for presenters– subject to individual arrangements.
We look forward to your input!
Andrzej Błachowicz Todd J. Edwards
Managing Director Program Officer – Climate Change
Climate Strategies The Stanley Foundation