Call for Application for National Youth Forum on Green Solutions in India, 9 - 11 December 2012
Rishikesh, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
The National Youth Forum on Green Solutions, organized by the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) and the Young Uttarakhand Voluntary Action (YUVA) Foundation, aims to:
- Provide a forum for youth from the 11 mountain states of India to share and discuss the role they can play in addressing climate change challenges and opportunities in the Indian Himalayas
- Help build the capacity of the next generation of youth leadership in areas such as advocacy, social networking, and youth-led initiatives focused on the mountain agenda, green economy, and the promotion of green solutions; and
- Help youth interested in mountain issues make existing networks more diverse, vibrant and suitable in the post-Rio+20 context.
- Technical and training sessions
- Paper presentations and discussions on the role of youth in the emerging green economy in the Indian Himalayas
- Tour of sites that exhibit climate-friendly good practices, including famous Hindu pilgrimage sites
- Youth declaration on the occasion of the International Mountain Day (11 December)
- Three-year roadmap for youth-led initiatives focused on the Indian Himalayas
Call for application:
Indian youth who are interested in participating in the forum and meet the eligibility criteria outlined below are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
- Applicants must be:
o Indian nationals
o 19–25 years of age
o From or currently residing in any of the 11 mountain states of India: Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Meghalaya, Manipur, and Mizoram.
- Applications must be submitted through the online system (preferred) or by emailing the attached application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20th November 2012.
- Applicants will be selected by a small committee of experts to represent their own mountain state at the National Youth Forum. Selected applicants will be notified between 25–30 November.
- The organizers will cover expenses related to participation in the National Youth Forum (roundtrip travel, food, and lodging).
For further information, please write to email@example.com.
Young Uttarakhand Voluntary Action