Senior Program Officer, Results Monitoring
Web version available at : https://rew31.ultipro.com/ASI1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*FD860E839C7EAF85
The Asia Foundation (TAF) has partnership with Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) which includes a series of program initiatives aimed at addressing a range of critical development challenges. The partnership arrangement combines flexible funding for country and regional programs with a heavy focus on research, results monitoring, and incorporating learning into program design and implementation. This program will allow the Foundation to support our most innovative ideas and program activities, through flexible and responsive activities. The emphasis on measureable results and the availability of significant resources to invest in this area make it possible to conduct impact monitoring at an unprecedented level of rigor and depth. This will allow the Foundation to develop an evidence-base of lessons learned that will ultimately increase the impact of our programs.
Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Director for Governance and Law, the Senior Program Officer will be responsible for supporting and oversight of results monitoring and evaluation activities under the partnership. This will include a combination of perception surveys and qualitative assessments and the following:
• Oversee "Strategy Testing" process
• Develop monitoring and evaluation plans for DFAT-TAF
• Support field office results monitoring activities
• Design and conduct qualitative assessments of program impact including perception surveys
• Contribute to the overall strategic direction of program initiatives funded through the DFAT-TAF Partnership
• Design and produce donor reports, external communication, and periodic updates on DFAT-TAF Partnership program initiatives
• Oversee development of publication series
• Produce publications and knowledge products on program results, regional trends, and key lessons from DFAT-TAF partnership program initiatives
• Present fundraising and results monitoring approach to an external audience including donors
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, perception surveys, qualitative impact analysis, and/or other relevant methods for monitoring the results of development assistance programs required;
• At least 5 years experience in international development assistance;
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in research and publications, including oversight of qualitative and quantitative research design and implementation, and publications on related subject matter;
• In-depth knowledge of international development industry, including familiarity with current literature and policy debates on aid effectiveness;
• Excellent analytic and writing skills are essential;
• Knowledge of Asian political, security, and development issues is strongly preferred;
• Experience living and working in Asia is preferred.
• Master's degree in appropriate field required: political science, international development, anthropology, economics, or public administration.
• Must have a strong track-record of working independently and in a diverse team environment, with multiple nationalities;
• Must be willing and available to travel extensively (up to 40% time), including to regions affected by conflict;
• Strong communication and organizational skills important;
• Knowledge of the programs and operations of The Asia Foundation or similar international development organizations, helpful.
The Foundation offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. All application must be submitted through our website. To apply please visit our website at www.asiafoundation.org/about/employment/ and select "Regular Employment."
When submitting your application please put your cover letter/expression of interest and resume in one document and submit it as an attachment. We will only consider applicants who provide a cover letter along with their resume, and submit their application prior to the deadline. The application deadline is May 30, 2014. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.